Process orders for parenteral and enteral medications, and other pharmaceuticals as needed for optimal patient care according to standards and practices for patients in all age groups including neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Promote safe, cost-effective, rational drug use and provides expert pharmaceutical information to other health colleagues. Supports the mission and core values of the company through responsible and effective work performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Directs the control of medication administration and drug distribution for inpatient and outpatient services for patients in all age groups including neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric
2. Collects and interprets relevant patient information to determine if patient has a drug-related problem. Makes appropriate recommendations to modify therapy as required to meet the needs of the patient
3. Promotes cost-effective and individualized drug therapy and implements decision for drug use and monitors plan to achieve desired therapeutic goal. Provides drug information (written or oral) which relates to the audience
4. Follows written protocols for the majority of situations. Determines when to deviate to provide appropriate therapy. Minimizes or prevents the incidences and severity of adverse drug effects
5. Performs in patient and family education and counseling regarding pharmaceutical therapy. Conducts service audits to assure quality patient care and benefit of pharmaceutical services provided. Maintains confidentiality of records, patient, employee or medical center information at all times. Ensures all information and conversations regarding patients are secured from general public access