Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
ï¿½Fill and label medications.
ï¿½Stock medications into pharmacy inventory.
ï¿½Restock automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
ï¿½Maintain adequate medication stock levels and proper storage of medications.
ï¿½Deliver medications to patient care areas.
ï¿½Attend to medication requests and phone calls.
ï¿½Assist in Pharmacy quality assurance activities.
ï¿½Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission standards and Tenet and hospital policies and procedures.
ï¿½Assist pharmacists in performing various duties as assigned
1. Computer entry:
ï¿½Enters patient name
ï¿½Pt. ID number
ï¿½Medical record number
ï¿½Enters correct charge description.
2.Enters mg/kg/dose or mg/kg/day for all pediatric and neonatal orders.
3. Performs computer backup.
4. Enters correct medication:
ï¿½Correct expiration date.
ï¿½Posts debit/credits accurately.
ï¿½Enter metric dosage.
5. Maintains orders entry error rate < 5%.
6. Serious order entry rate < 1%.
7. Capable of entering a minimum of 75 orders per eight hour shift.
8. Averages at least 50 orders entered per 8 hours.
9. Generates required reports: MAR, Pick I.V, production reports.
1. Able to look up a patientï¿½s location.
2. Able to look up a patientï¿½s demographic information such as height, weight, allergy.
3. Able to run patient census and location lists.
1. Able to refill, load and unload medications.
2. Able to run reports.
1. Performs calculations accurately.
2. Accurately completes IV rounds.
3. Maintains aseptic technique.
4. Checks for particulate matter in final product.
5. Only one product is prepared at a time.
6. Recycles product as appropriate.
7. Changes prep and expiration date on recycled product.
8. Dates, times and initials all vials for reuse.
9. Adds additives in the proper sequence.
10. Syringe and Vial count reflects what has been made.
11. Labels containers accurately including auxiliary labels.
12. Completes packaging including seals, protective wraps, etc.
13. Capable of preparing 250 non-pre-mixes per eight hour shift.
14. Prioritizes work (i.e. stats made first).
15. Delivers IVs to proper locations.
16. Restock shelves and rotates stock.
17. Properly disposes of non-recyclable solutions.
18. Maintains IV refrigerator temperature log.
1. Enters correct patient data.
2. Prepares TPN as needed.
3. Has prepared at least 30 units accurately, including additive, selection, measurement, labeling.
4. Logs correct solutions.
1. Prepares chemotherapy as necessary and documents.
2. Takes required protective measures.
3. Has prepared at least 30 units accurately, including product selection, measurement and labeling.
1. Fills orders with correct medication.
2. Prepares unit of use dosage when possible.
3. Keeps pharmacist informed of workload status.
4. Prioritizes work to prepare STAT, now and waiting in order of importance.
5. Follows through on fill on arrival orders.
6. Returns medications to stock and rotates stock.
7. Fills requisitions from nursing floors in a timely fashion.
8. Prepares outpatients prescriptions:
ï¿½Processes prescriptions within seven minutes of start.
ï¿½Completes Rx log.
ï¿½Completes billing log.
ï¿½Fills out pharmacy profile for employees and IMS patients.
ï¿½Records Rx on patient profiles.
ï¿½Prescription label and blank contains all legal requirements.
1. Fills medication cassettes and delivers them on time.
2. Checks for computer entry errors and notifies the pharmacist.
3. Adjusts charges.
4. Less than 3 filling errors per 75 cassettes filled.
5. Transfers bulk and prn meds appropriately.
1. Maintains temperature log.
2. Maintains chemotherapy log.
3. Documents Laminar Flow hood cleaning each shift.
4. Maintains batch logs.
5. Documents as required.
6. Signs memos.
7. Maintains education log.
8. Initials charge tickets and places them in correct location.
1. Orders medications when stock is low.
2. Keeps buyer informed of abnormal use of items.
1. Can safely use departmental equipment.
2. Disposes of waste in the proper containers.
3. Able to locate: MSDS sheets, disaster manual and safety manual.
4. Demonstrates fire procedure verbally.
1. Performs floor stock inspections accurately.
2. Performs outdate checks.
3. Delivers floor stock accurately.
4. Assists in training of new staff.
5. Helps other areas when needed.
6. Able to refill and bill emergency Med carts.
7. Updates crash cart stickers.
1. Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of CQI through application of the principles in the department.
3. Uses systematic methods to improve services, plan changes and evaluate outcomes.
4. Demonstrates effective problem solving techniques and promotes same in others.
5. Actively supports the mission, goals and objective of the hospital and department through CQI activities.
6. Completes special projects on time.
7. Completes other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Knowledge necessary to obtain Pharmacy Technician licensure in the state of California and current CA Pharmacy Technician Licensure.
B. Minimum Experience: Experience in I.V. admixtures, unit does drug distribution and computer entry preferred.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Typing skills of 30 WPM; good communication skills, both written and verbal.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Pharmacy Tech
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005031676
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.